Carver Summer Reading Projects
For students who found out over the summer that they would be attending Carver, summer reading projects are due on October 9th. Free books were provided to all interested students. Click here to review project choices.
This week is National Mental Health Awareness Week. Each morning this week I will be reading a fun fact for you to increase your knowledge about mental health.
- 50% of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14 and 75% begin by age 24.
- Approximately 50% of students aged 14 and older with mental illness drop out of high school—the highest dropout rate of any disability group.
- 70% of youth in state and local juvenile justice systems have mental illness.
- Early identification and intervention are the best ways to decrease the impact of a mental illness on the individual, his/her family, and the community.
- One warning sign of a possible mental illness could be feeling very sad and wanting to be alone for more than 2 weeks.
Unity Day - Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Make it ORANGE and make it end! What are your true colors when it comes to bullying? If you care about safe and supportive schools and communities make your color ORANGE on Unity Day.
Not Just a Winner, But an Outstanding Giver!
Nyja Bradley was the winner of the $25 gift certificate to the Carver Book Fair. What REALLY makes Nyja a true winner is her choice to donate 1/3 of her winnings to someone who couldn't afford to shop at the book fair. WOW! What an outstanding person and giver! So proud of you, Nyja!!
Victor Bell Scholarship
Congratulations to Ameerah Martin and X-vaier Pipken! These students were nominated for the 2015-16 Victor Bell Scholarship based on their academic excellence. We wish them continued success as they compete for this award.
The Carver Eagle Creed
As Carver Middle School Eagles, We S.O.A.R. Above the Rest: We Are Successful. We Take Opportunities to Excel. We are Accepting of Others. We take Responsibility for Ourselves.
Eagles S.O.A.R. --> Successful, Opportunities, Accepting, Responsibility.
Carver Middle School is on Facebook
This new page will be updated regularly with events, important information, and general announcements. Please visit our page, and "Like" us, in order to stay in the know.